Today we launched Quicken 2015 for Mac. It has a new user experience designed to look at home in Apple's new operating system Yosemite, richer investment capabilities and the ability to sync cash and credit accounts with the Quicken Mobile products. Check out our new website at: http://www.quicken.com/mac. In my opinion, it's a really great upgrade for Quicken Essentials users but may still not include the feature set that Quicken 2007 and/or Quicken Windows users need. Check out our comparison chart at the new Quicken.com/mac site http://www.quicken.com/mac/compare and vote for the features you need. Additional product features and capabilities are expected to be released throughout the year to continuously improve the feature set. All of these new features will be free to Quicken 2015 customers for the first year. These additional features and capabilities would be offered only when and if made available by Intuit.
I've said this in previous forums but it never hurts to continue to highlight our plan going forward.
1) Quicken 2007 is based on an old code base and will not be updated any more.
2) We rewrote Quicken Mac from scratch built on top the latest Mac technologies and the first version of this was Quicken Essentials. It takes time to add back all of the features that it took 25+ years to build.
3) Quicken Mac 2015 is built on top of the great Quicken Essentials software foundation. This is the code base we'll continue to work on. Adding Investments and mobile sync were the hardest features to add so I'm hoping we can accelerate the addition of other new features.
4) The plan is to continue to update the product through out the year providing free updates to Quicken 2015 customers for the first year with more and more features that Quicken 2007 and Windows users request based on what our beta community asked for but also how people vote on the new Quicken.com/mac website. We cannot provide a list of specific features or a time frame for when these enhancements will be added.
5) Our hope is that Quicken 2007 users and Mac users who are currently using Quicken Windows will check back periodically to see what features we have added and then consider whether Quicken 2015 is the right product for them or not.
6) Long term it is our goal to provide a Quicken Mac product that a large majority of Quicken 2007 users will be excited to switch too. Until that time, Quicken 2007 for Lion will continue to be available to customers.
I want to thank the thousands of beta testers that worked with us to get the Quicken Mac product to this stage. They are an awesome group of people and played a very important role in helping us find bugs, refine the product and to provide a voice for the Quicken Mac community by suggesting future features we should work on.
This is only the first step in our journey of rebuilding Quicken Mac.
Please follow me on twitter @softwaremarcus.