I just purchased Quicken Deluxe 2014 and had a problem with font sizes. Quicken 2013 was displaying correctly. After some research I found a solution to the problem on the Microsoft forum for the Surface. Below is the solution:
Disable display scaling for the app
You can disable display scaling for an individual Windows 7 desktop app.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
2. Type the name of the app.
3. Select the application’s tile on the Start screen (swipe down on the tile or right click), and then tap or click Open file location to open File Explorer on the desktop.
4. In File Explorer, tap and hold or right-click on the application’s executable (.exe) file and select Properties.
5. Select the Compatibility tab.
6. In the Settings section, select the box next to “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.”
7. Tap or click OK.
8. Start the app.